Aspects of the Projects Sustainability can actually be found in all KS-Plus projects. Even the children in school know nowadays that the ressources of this earth are not endless and that we have to be very careful to pass the planet to the next generations in a state which allows life furtheron. Renewable energies, protection of natural ressources like air, soil and water are included as an essential part of it.
Projects Sustainability: Renewable Energies
- Renewable energies play a central role in our Projects Sustainability. In November 2017 the installation of photovoltaics on existing roofs in Kirpal Sagar was started. The aim is to cover about 50% of the annual electricity requirement. In the course of 2018, the target is 700 kWp. Currently, we continue to collect for the installation of solar panels on the Academy and its boarding school as well as on other buildings.
Projects Sustainability: minimising line losses, securing supply
- With the use of photovoltaics on the roofs of Kirpal Sagar, the demands on the supply network also grew. The feed-in is decentralised, so that the supply lines to the respective buildings have to be designed both for the energy consumption of the building and for the feed-in of the installed solar panels. All this while minimising the losses caused by the lines. In addition to adapting the cable cross-sections, it is also necessary to upgrade the nodes. We are currently collecting funds for further expansion in the energy sector, among other things for the security of supply of the hospital as well as the academy and its boarding school.
Projects Sustainability: Clean Water
- Clean Water is currently a major issue in Kirpal Sagar. The common systems like 3-chamber plants have their weaknesses in the rainy season because they are difficult to protect against flooding. At the moment, alternatives and additions are being sought with high pressure. KS-plus already supports and collects for the implementation.
Waymarks and Events
2017 were carried out and completed:
- Completion of the upgrading of the gas pipelines started in 2016 (biogas from reactor to kitchens)*
- Participation in acquisition costs of a photovoltaic plant on the roofs of Kirpal Sagar
*= by members of KS-plus prior to its foundation in 2017